NH Organizers: Rigor, Relevance, & Relationships
Rigor through high expectations
Relevance through personalized plans
Relationships through small learning communities
What We Need In NH To Make This A Reality
- Structure in the school day for teachers to relate to kids
- Classroom teaching methods that drive more interactive teacher-as coach methods
- State policies that say "This is Important"
Document: Vision & Blueprint Of Secondary Reform In NH
- Outlines some foundations (Rigor, Relevance, & Relationships and Real World Learning) and models of High School reform.
- Breaking Ranks II, Creating HS grade span expectations, HS assessment system
Plans for NH Minimum Standards revisions
- Have to be flexible enough to allow reform to move forward