The following opportunities are available to Students, Teachers and Administrators who are interested in expanding their knowledge of World Language.
- American Councils for International Education in Washington, DC. is implementing a program to help U.S. K-12 schools start or grow their Arabic or Mandarin language programs. This program, called the Teachers of Critical Languages Program (TCLP) , is funded by the U.S. Department of State and provides your school with a language teacher from Egypt or China to teach Arabic or Mandarin for one year.
You can register for one of the TCLP Webinar's to be held on Thursday, November 21 at 4:00pm Eastern Time or Tuesday, December 10 at 4:00pm Eastern Time to learn more about this program
If you wish to apply, please visit www.tclprogram.org for the TCLP application. The application deadline is Wednesday, January 22, 2014.
- Ascanius: The Youth Classics Institute --- Latin Creative Writing Contest - Registration Deadline is December 1 2013
Registration opens in October 2013
Scholarship Application Deadline - November 18, 2013
Early Bird registration rate ends - December 9, 2013
There are also scholarships available for students and teachers, with an early bird deadline rate. Remember, workshops close when filled, so register early!
- GRANITE STATE CERTAMEN 2013 - You and your students are invited to the 5th annual Granite State Certamen. Join us as we bring Latin students together from New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
CERTAMEN IS a classics trivia game. Teams of students (usually 2-4 per team) compete against each other by responding to questions on the Latin language, Roman history, culture, and mythology.
THE VENUE, DATE AND TIME WILL BE at Dover High School, Dover, New Hampshire, Saturday, December7th at 9:30 am.
THE QUESTION FORMAT WILL CONTAIN material typically covered in an average middle or high school Latin classroom. Questions focus on speed and accuracy.
- Immersion 2014: Mainstreaming Access to Multilingual Communities University of Utah’s Second Language Teaching and Research Center and the Utah State Office of Education are excited to host the Fifth International Conference on Dual Language/Immersion Education, to be held at the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah, October 15-18, 2014.
- The McLane Family New Hampshire Student Membership Program
Effective September 1, 2012, the McLane Family New Hampshire Student Membership Program allows New Hampshire students of all ages in public and private school, as well as those who are home schooled, to visit the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston free of charge.
To request a school group visit, please complete our request form and indicate that you are visiting from a school in New Hampshire
- Northeast Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages - 61st annual Northeast Conference , scheduled for March 27-30, 2014 in Boston. We continue to accept session, workshop and teaching lab proposals, so please do not hesitate to visit our website for more information if you are interested in presenting: www.nectfl.org
- Spanish Speakers in the Lakes Region
Come join our Spanish speaking group the first Friday of every month at 5:30 at El Jimador Mexican Restaurant in Belmont NH.
For more information contact Rosa Blais at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-520-1708
- Spanish speaker sought for Tutor position
The New Hampshire Migrant Education program is seeking a part time Tutor/Family Service Provider to provide in-home educational instruction to the children of migrant farm workers in Manchester, NH. We would prefer to hire one Tutor/Family Service Provider to work with multiple migrant families up to 25 hours per week but we would consider hiring a few individuals who would divide the 25 hours a week.
Spanish speaking is a must. College degree, teacher certification, experience with ESL, language acquisition and/or international populations is preferred.
Salary range: $20-$25/hour dependent upon experience.
**If you previously submitted your resume and references please re-submit them if you are still interested because some information was lost.**
To be considered please mail or e-mail your resume and references to:
Migrant Education, NH Dept. of Education
101 Pleasant St., Concord, NH 03301
- World Academy has partnered with World Languages and Cultures Academy (WLCA) to offer your children an original and innovative cultural and linguistic program. This program will be available to students from schools and communities starting September 14th, 2013 at the World Academy’s facilities. Registration starts June 10th. Three terms will be offered; fall, winter and spring. Each term consists of ten to twelve weeks of study and students will meet 3 hours weekly in two sessions of 1.5 hours. Classes will be held after the school day and on Saturday mornings. For the coming fall term, students can enroll in Arabic, French, Spanish, Chinese, or Hindi. Other languages will be available upon demand. Class size will be limited to 12 students. Program will be open to children starting 5th grade.
Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.
Microsoft Word format. You can download a free reader from Microsoft.