Sites of Interest
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Chapter 186-C: Special Education
- Chapter 194-B: Charter Schools
- Charter schools must meet the requirements of Part Ed 318 of the New Hampshire Code of Administrative Rules
- U.S. Department of Education- CSP - Charter School Program State Educational Agencies (SEA) Grant - CFDA Number: 84.282A
- Charter Schools Program Nonregulatory Guidance - An updated version of the CSP nonregulatory guidance handbook (April 2011), which addresses questions the USDOE has received regarding various provisions of the CSP authorizing statute (Title V, Part B of the ESEA). The new guidelines do not contain all of the information needed to comply with CSP requirements and other requirements of federal law (including civil rights obligations), but provide guidance on the CSP and examples of ways to implement it.
This updated version addresses additional issues that have arisen since the USDOE released previous versions of the CSP guidance in 2003, 2004, and 2007. Specifically, this document clarifies or provides guidance on the following:
- Allowable expenses (Section D);
- Exemptions from lottery requirements (Question E-4);
- The relationship between charter school governing board and for-profit charter management organizations (Question B-13);
-Factors to consider when determining if a school is a new school or an expansion of an existing school (Section C); and
-The relationship between public charter schools and private schools (Questions B-8 through B-11).
- National Charter School Resource Center - serves as a national center to provide on-demand resources, information, and technical assistance to support successful planning, authorizing, implementation, and sustainability of high-quality charter schools - subscribe to monthly newsletters
- New Hampshire Center for Innovative Schools - Matt Southerton, Director
- New Hampshire Public Charter School Association - Eileen Liponis, Director
- School Health Services, NH Department of Education
- Attorney General's Memorandum on NH's Right-to-Know law, RSA Chapter 91-A
There are many factors to consider when opening a new school. It is recommended that you visit the following websites:
Student Level Data Collection and Charter School Per Pupil Aid
Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.