The purpose of NH RESPONDS is to:
- Reform and improve pre-service and in-service personnel preparation systems by designing, delivering and evaluating scientifically-based practices in two areas
- Response to intervention (RTI) systems of
- Positive behavioral interventions and supports (PBIS) and
- Literacy instruction (LI); and
- Secondary transition supports (STS) for students at risk for school failure. (in participating high schools).
- Improve the systems for recruiting, hiring, and retaining education and related service personnel who are highly qualified in these areas.
- Develop a statewide training and technical assistance network that a) aligns with federal regulations, state certification standards and the state performance plan (SPP) in special education and (b) builds the capacity of early childhood education programs and K-12 schools in the state to adopt, implement with fidelity, and sustain effective and efficient systems and practices in the above areas.
The primary strategies for accomplishing these goals include comprehensive training and support in demonstration sites (K-12 schools and early childhood programs) in five SAUs, open audience workshops offered statewide, the creation and enhancement of course work at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and the revision of education certification requirements in certain specialty areas.