From time to time the Department receives information regarding awards or contests. This section of the Web site contains information regarding awards or contests administered through other organizations or agencies.
- The National Teachers Hall of Fame (NTHF) annually honors five teachers who have demonstrated commitment and dedication to teaching our nation's children. Anyone can nominate a teacher by completing a nomination packet. Candidates must hold or have held a valid teaching certificate. The nominee must have at least 20 years experience teaching in grades preK-12. For further information visit the NTHF www.nthf.org. Nominations must reach the NTHF office no
later than the first business day of the year in which the selection is to be made.
- Tachau Teacher of the Year Award
The Mary K. Bonsteel Tachau Teacher of the Year Award is given annually by the Organization of American Historians in recognition of the contributions made by precollegiate teachers to improve history education within the field of American history. The award, to be given for activities which enhance the intellectual development of other history teachers and/or students, memorializes the career of Mary K. Bonsteel Tachau, University of Louisville, for her pathbreaking efforts to build bridges between university and precollegiate history teachers. Deadline is December 2, 2013.
- 3rd Annual Helicopter 2050 Challenge!
Sikorsky is asking kids 9-16 to come up with a concept for the helicopter of 2050. This year, the contest focus is helicopters of the future that will help overcome global challenges.
The Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- The "Igor Sikorsky Youth Innovator Award"
- A $1,000 Scholarship
- A trip to Sikorsky headquarters
Visit www.helicopter2050.com to read the complete rules and learn more!
Contest Deadline: September 30, 2013
Browse awards and competitions or select a specific area of interest
Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.