Dept of Education Logo
Dept of Education Logo
Home | About Us | Accountability/Assessment | Certification | Data Collection & Reports | Innovations | Legislation/Hearings/Rules | NH Schools | Employment Opportunities | Contact Us | Search | Calendar
Department of Education - an official New Hampshire Government website
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
skip navigation
students artwork

Advisory Councils

State Rehabilitation Council meeting

January 23, 2020
11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
21 South Fruit Street, Room 100

Please, RSVP by telephone or e-mail by: to confirm your attendance and if any special accommodations are needed.

SRC Liaison is Susan Roma, email: , 1-800-299-1647 or (603) 271-3348.


What is the State Rehabilitation Council?

The State Rehabilitation Council (SRC) is Vocational Rehabilitation's (VR) central advisory group. This group advises VR on its policy and procedures. The SRC is a group of New Hampshire residents, more than half of which are persons with disabilities, who are appointed by the Governor to advise her and the agency on issues related to the employment of persons with disabilities.

State Rehabilitation Council Annual Report

State Rehabilitation Council Retreat

  • October 10, 2019

State Rehabilitation Council 2019 meeting minutes

State Rehabilitation Council 2018 meeting minutes

Archived Minutes


Who may participate in the Rehabilitation Council?

The Governor may appoint any of the following

  • You or any individual with a disability or your representative.
  • Other rehabilitation service providers.
  • Representatives from programs with which VR has cooperative agreements and groups from which VR would like to receive advice.
  • Business people

State Rehabilitation Council Officers

Chair: Charles Saia
1st Vice Chair: Holly Cadwallader
2nd Vice Chair: Christopher Purington
3rd Vice Chair: Vacant

Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)

The Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC) identifies and sets priorities for independent living services in New Hampshire, thus insuring participation by persons with disabilities in the planning process of the State Plan. Members or the SILC are appointed by the Governor and the majority are individuals with disabilities.


  • Critically examines the needs of individuals with disabilities;
  • Develops the State Plan for Independent Living with the State Agency;
  • Advocates for individuals with disabilities;
  • Evaluates independent living programs in the state;
  • Produces educational materials.

To share your thoughts "on disability related issues" or for more information contact

Program Assistant
c/o Governor's Commission on Disability
121 South Fruit Street
Concord, NH 03301
Tel: (603) 271-2773 or 1-800-852-3405 (Voice/TTY)
Fax (603) 271-2837

SILC Web site


Susan Roma
(603) 271-3348
a local VR office for more information

Acrobat Reader Symbol Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.

New Hampshire Department of Education
101 Pleasant Street | Concord, NH | 03301-3494
Telephone: (603) 271-3494 | TDD Access: Relay NH 711