Skip to main content
scroll to top

Section 504

Section 504 regulations require a school district to provide a "free appropriate public education" (FAPE) to each qualified student with a disability who is in the school district's jurisdiction, regardless of the nature or severity of the disability.

The New Hampshire Department of Education provides families, students, schools and other interested parties with guidance and information designed to inform and implement the 504 process, thus helping to ensure that qualified students receive FAPE.


Frequently Asked Questions About Section 504 and the Education of Children with Disabilities

Parent and Educator Resource Guide to Section 504 in Public Elementary and Secondary Schools

Reading Room (eFOIA)

34 C.F.R.Part 104

Model Process for 504 Plan Development


Should you have a complaint regarding Section 504, the New Hampshire Department of Education recommends that resolution be sought first through your local school district. At any point, formal complaints can be addressed by contacting the Boston office of the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) or by filing a complaint online:



Tina Greco 

Section 504 Coordinator

NH Department of Education


[email protected]





Boston Office Office for Civil Rights

US Department of Education

8th Floor 5 Post Office Square

Boston, MA 02109-3921

Telephone: 617-289-0111

FAX: 617-289-0150;

TDD: 800-877-8339

Email: [email protected]