Advisory Councils in the Vocational Rehabilitation Bureau - Services for Employers
State Rehabilitation Council
The State Rehabilitation Council (SRC) is Vocational Rehabilitation's (VR) central advisory group. This group advises VR on its policy and procedures. The SRC is a group of New Hampshire residents, more than half of which are persons with disabilities, who are appointed by the Governor to advise her and the agency on issues related to the employment of persons with disabilities.
Who may participate in the Rehabilitation Council?
The Governor may appoint any of the following:
- You or any individual with a disability or your representative.
- Other rehabilitation service providers.
- Representatives from programs with which VR has cooperative agreements and groups from which VR would like to receive advice.
- Business people
State Rehabilitation Council Officers
Chair: Charles Saia
1st Vice Chair: Holly Cadwallader
2nd Vice Chair: Christopher Purington
3rd Vice Chair: Vacant
State Rehabilitation Council meeting
June 25, 2020
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
21 South Fruit Street, Room 100
The meeting will be held via Zoom. Contact Sue Roma at [email protected] for link and log in information.
SRC Liaison is:
email: [email protected]
1-800-299-1647 or (603) 271-3348.
Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)
The Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC) identifies and sets priorities for independent living services in New Hampshire, thus insuring participation by persons with disabilities in the planning process of the State Plan. Members or the SILC are appointed by the Governor and the majority are individuals with disabilities.
- Critically examines the needs of individuals with disabilities;
- Develops the State Plan for Independent Living with the State Agency;
- Advocates for individuals with disabilities;
- Evaluates independent living programs in the state;
- Produces educational materials.
To share your thoughts "on disability related issues" or for more information contact:
c/o Governor's Commission on Disability
121 South Fruit Street
Concord, NH 03301
Tel: (603) 271-2773 or 1-800-852-3405
(Voice/TTY) Fax (603) 271-2837