Skip to main content
scroll to top

Advisory Councils

Advisory Councils in the Vocational Rehabilitation Bureau - Services for Employers

State Rehabilitation Council

The State Rehabilitation Council (SRC) is Vocational Rehabilitation's (VR) central advisory group. This group advises VR on its policy and procedures. The SRC is a group of New Hampshire residents, more than half of which are persons with disabilities, who are appointed by the Governor to advise her and the agency on issues related to the employment of persons with disabilities.

Who may participate in the Rehabilitation Council?

The Governor may appoint any of the following:

  • You or any individual with a disability or your representative.
  • Other rehabilitation service providers.
  • Representatives from programs with which VR has cooperative agreements and groups from which VR would like to receive advice.
  • Business people

State Rehabilitation Council Officers

  • Chair: Christopher Purington
  • Vice-Chair: Isadora Rodriguez-Legendre

State Rehabilitation Council meeting

November 4, 2021
12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
21 South Fruit Street, Room 100

The meeting will be held in person.  On-line access will be available for those wishing to participate remotely. Contact Sue Roma at for link and log in information.   

SRC Liaison is:
Susan Roma
1-800-299-1647 or (603) 271-3348

State Rehabilitation Council meeting minutes

Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)

The Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC) identifies and sets priorities for independent living services in New Hampshire, thus insuring participation by persons with disabilities in the planning process of the State Plan. Members or the SILC are appointed by the Governor and the majority are individuals with disabilities.


  • Critically examines the needs of individuals with disabilities;
  • Develops the State Plan for Independent Living with the State Agency;
  • Advocates for individuals with disabilities;
  • Evaluates independent living programs in the state;
  • Produces educational materials.

To share your thoughts "on disability related issues" or for more information contact:

Program Assistant
c/o Governor's Commission on Disability
54 Regional Drive, Suite 5
Concord, NH 03301
(603) 271-2773 or 1-800-852-3405
(Voice/TTY) Fax (603) 271-2837