SAT with Essay
The New Hampshire Department of Education received approval to replace the 11th grade Smarter Balanced statewide assessment with College Board’s SAT in the spring of 2016. This plan is an important step in the Department’s commitment to reduce the amount of time spent on statewide standardized testing for public high school students and ensure that all students are prepared to succeed in college and careers.
The SAT with Essay covers English language arts (reading and writing) and mathematics and will be at no cost for every 11th grade student required to take the assessment.
Digital SAT with Essay Spring 2021 Testing Windows
To allow as much flexibility as possible, there are additional digital testing windows available for schools to administer the SAT School Day:
- Testing Window #1: March 3-5, 2021
- Testing Window #2: March 24-26, 2021
- Testing Window #3: April 13-15, 2021
- Testing Window #4: April 27-29, 2021
Schools will be able to use any of the testing windows above, as needed. Schools do not need to notify the College Board of which windows will be used. NHDOE will submit registration files to College Board so that students will be registered for all four testing windows.Schools may test students, as needed, within each window.
College Board is also offering additional changes to policies and procedures for more flexibility this spring. Please review the January and February 2021 Updates for Spring 2021 below.
Digital SAT with Essay Spring 2021 Implementation
- Makeup Testing Guide
- College Board Update as of February 23, 2021
- College Board Digital Session on 2/17/21
- NHDOE Webinar - Digital SAT Spring 2021
- February 2021 Updates
- January 2021 Updates
- December Updates
- School Day Administration - Key Dates for Spring 2021
- Spring 2021 Implementation Handbook
- Implementation Training Module
- Accommodations and Supports Handbook
- Accommodations and Support Training Module
- Coordinator Checklist
- List of Approved Word to-Word Bilingual Dictionaries
- Link to Translated Test Directions for English Learners
- Hall and Room Monitor Training
- Temporary Accommodations Request Form
- Registration Guidelines and Accountability Rules
- SAT Results
- SAT Coordinators 2020-2021 School Year - Updates needed? Please contact Michelle Gauthier