Benefits of CTE
Career Technical Education Delivers Real-World Skills For Students
Advance CTE's video provides an overview of how Career Technical Education (CTE) prepares learners for their futures while closing the skills gap for employers across the country. Show your support by watching and sharing the CTE 101 video:
- CTE learners and their parents are three times more likely to report that they are very satisfied with their ability to learn real world skills as compared to non-CTE learners and their parents
- Over 75% of CTE learners enroll in postsecondary education after high school.
- CTE learners have a 10% higher high school graduation rate than non-CTE students.
- 89% of parents think students should receive more education about career choices while in high school.
- Six of the ten hardest-to-fill positions are in technical fields or require a CTE background.
- About half of all CTE learners are enrolled in programs in leading fields such as health care, STEM and information technology.
- More than twice as many CTE parents report being satisfied with internship opportunities.