Every great student has benefitted from great teachers. New Hampshire's professional educators make a difference in the lives of thousands of Granite State students every day.

Here are some resources for educators to receive and renew their credentials, and to continue their professional development.

Earning and Renewing my credentials

Educators contesting a complaint or local school board decision to the State Board of Education should be aware the Rules of Practice and Procedure, and their rights in the process.

Resources for Teachers

Division of Educator Support and Higher Education

  • Oversees licensing for all New Hampshire educators

Professional Educator Preparation Programs

  • The purpose of professional educator preparation program approval is to ensure that all future educators in New Hampshire are highly qualified and well prepared to serve all students effectively. Preparation programs utilize data on their students’ preparedness for professional practice and other essential indicators for continuous program improvement.

Council for Teacher Education

  • Coordinates teacher education in New Hampshire in an advisory capacity through a continuing study and discussion of pre-service progress.

NH UDL Innovation Network

  • A set of principles to develop learning environments that give all individuals equal opportunities to learn.

Education Research

  • New Hampshire has a fantastic wealth of researchers and research organizations throughout our state. To collaborate with these researchers as well as researchers throughout the country, the Department of Education (DOE) has compiled information to assist in sharing data and collaborating on research projects. Thoughtful and methodical research can help improve the education for children through our state.

NH Educator Resources Portal

  • “Access is provided free to New Hampshire public school educators, an official school email address is required for registration.”

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Waiver Form

  • Pursuant to RSA 193-26-a, each student who is at least 18 years of age or legally emancipated, who is otherwise eligible to graduate from high school, or the parent of such a student who is under the age of 18 years, as a prerequisite to receiving a high school diploma from a public high school, shall either file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with the United States Department of Education, or file a waiver.  

Grants and Funding

The Bureau of Education Statistics keeps track of education funding in New Hampshire:

The New Hampshire Department of Education is the designated pass-through entity for federal education funds flowing to schools in the Granite State.