Emergency Assistance to Non-Public Schools Program
To provide emergency assistance to students and teachers in non-public schools through the Emergency Assistance to Non-public Schools (EANS) program.
As part of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021, (CRRSA Act) Public Law 116-260, Congress set aside $2.75 billion of the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Fund specifically to provide emergency assistance to students and teachers in non-public schools through the Emergency Assistance to Non-public Schools (EANS) program.
The purpose of the EANS program is to provide services or assistance to eligible non-public schools to address the impact that the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) has had, and continues to have, on non-public school students and teachers in the state.
Non-public schools are eligible to apply for funding under EANS provided the school was in existence prior to March 13, 2020 and is not applying for or receiving a second round of the Payroll Protection Program (PPP) on or after December 27, 2020.
Non-public schools are required to submit an application to receive services or assistance through the EANS program.
For purposes of the EANS program, an eligible non-public school is an elementary or secondary school that is:
- Accredited, licensed, or otherwise operates in accordance with State law;
- Was in existence prior to March 13, 2020, the date the President declared the national emergency due to COVID-19; and
- Did not, and will not, apply for and receive a loan under the PPP (15 U.S.C. 636[a]) that is made on or after December 27, 2020. Please note exceptions within the EANS FINAL FAQs, linked blow, as referenced in C-12 and C-13.
Please find helpful documentation below:
- Get to know EANS
- EANS Fact Sheet
- EANS Final FAQs
- US ED Allocation Table – by State
- EANS Application
- EANS Application Reimbursement or Purchases Template
- EANS NH Specific FAQs
- EANS Allocations
- EANS How To Application Webinar EANS
- Information on EANS I+
- New Hampshire ARP EANS Submitted Application
- ARP EANS Factsheet
- ARP EANS Application Form
- ARP EANS Allocations
- Appendix A - due 12/16/21
- Appendix B - due 01/28/21
- ARP EANS Webinar Presentation