Bureau of Instructional Support
The mission of this bureau is to improve the achievement of students by providing educational leadership though accountability.
The Bureau of Instructional Support contains two separate Offices:
The Office of Academics and Assessment is responsible for:
- Coordinating, implementing and monitoring of the statewide assessment system which includes measurement of student learning in mathematics, English language arts and science, as well as the New Hampshire Alternate Assessment, National Assessment of Educational Progress and ACCESS for English language learners;
- Analyzing data to determine progress on statewide performance targets (including district and school level data) and providing technical assistance to schools in understanding assessment data;
- Developing and revising the state’s content standards (New Hampshire College and Career Ready Standards) and providing requested technical assistance to schools around instructional strategies for these content areas; and,
- Providing a continuous improvement approach through a school approval process to ensure all schools are meeting the state’s minimum standards for providing an adequate education for students.
The Office of ESEA Title Programs is responsible for:
- Administering the federal programs provided to states and local education agencies authorized by the Elementary and Secondary Education Act as amended by the "Every Student Succeeds Act”;
- Providing leadership, technical assistance and professional development to schools and community-based organizations in the implementation of specific federal grant programs; and,
- Reviewing, approving, monitoring and providing technical assistance for the activities that local education agencies fund through their federal title program allocations.
Providing guidance and support for local education agencies’ use of the online grants management system to authorize and report on their use and distribution of federal title program funds.
Other Instructional Support pages:
- Office of Academics and Assessment
- Office of ESEA Title Programs
- College and Career Ready Standards
- Arts Education
- Dyslexia and Related Disorders
- Education for Homeless Children and Youth Program (McKinney-Vento)
- Educational Technology and Digital Literacy
- ESOL K-12- English for Speakers of Other Languages
- Foster Care
- Physical Education
- Science and STEM Education
Office of Academics and Assessment
Administrator for Academics & Assessment
Office of ESEA Title Programs
Administrator for ESEA Title Programs