ESOL K-12- English for Speakers of Other Languages
Support for students who speak other languages.
EL & Title III Program Newsletters
- October 2021
- September 2021
- Summer 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
English Language Proficiency (ELP) Standards and Assessments
New Hampshire uses the WIDA ELP standards and assessments and has approved the following WIDA screening tools for initial ELP identification.
All NH students identified as English learners must be assessed annually using the WIDA ACCESS or Alternate ACCESS test. Please visit our WIDA state specific page for more information.
Additional WIDA Resources
- Requirements, Resources, Professional Development and Testing Dates
- WIDA Accommodations and Accessibility Supplement
- ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 Interpretive Guide
- ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 Technical Report
- ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 Standard Setting Report
- ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 Item Summary Reports: Speaking and Writing
New Hampshire Statewide Assessment System
All English Language Learning students are required to participate in the statewide assessment system for their grade. Please refer to the NHDOE Assessment Policy and Procedures Manual for more details.
A team of educators, which includes the school’s NH Certified ESOL teacher, must determine the accommodations for English Learners. Evidence of this decision making process must be maintained by the school and made available during assessment monitoring. An EL student’s level of English proficiency must be considered when determining accommodations for statewide assessments. Please refer to the Documentation of NH Statewide Assessment Accommodations for ELs.
ESOL Program Resources
- NHDOE Guidance-Identification and Placement of ELs
- ESOL Placement Guidance
- EL Reclassification & Exit Criteria
State Approved Home Language Survey (HLS)
Remote Learning Resources
- Provisional Guidance for Remote Screening of ELs (updated August 2020)
- Guidance—Supporting ELs During Remote Learning
If you are interested in additional funding for servicing your English Language Learning students, please see Title III for more information.
Professional Development and Training
- 2020-21 EL and Title III Related Meeting Calendar
- WIDA eWorkshop Flyer 2020-21
- WIDA eSummit
- WIDA Webinars 2020-21
State EL Advisory Committee (SELAC)
If you would like to be added to the statewide EL Educators listserv to receive EL related information, including detailed agendas in advance of the CoP meetings, please send an email request to: Wendy Perron.
EL Education Consultant