ESOL K-12- English for Speakers of Other Languages
Support for students who speak other languages.
English Language Proficiency (ELP) Standards and Assessments
New Hampshire has approved the following WIDA screening tools for initial ELP identification.
Annual ELP assessment of ELs is assessed using the WIDA ACCESS for ELs test, which is typically administered to all identified English learners mid-January through mid-March. Please visit our state page on the WIDA website for more information.
ESOL Program Resources
- ESOL Placement Guidance
- State Approved Home Language Survey: English
- State Approved Home Language Survey: Spanish version
- Request of Reclassification for EL Student
Remote Learning Resources
- Provisional Guidance for Remote Screening of ELs (updated August 2020)
- Guidance—Supporting ELs During Remote Learning
If you are interested in additional funding for servicing your English Language Learning students, please see Title III for more information.
Professional Development and Training
Statewide EL Educators Community of Practice (CoP)
If you would like to be added to the statewide EL Educators listserv to receive EL related information, including detailed agendas in advance of the CoP meetings, please send an email request to: Wendy Perron.
EL Education Consultant