Approved Private Special Education Programs
Information regarding the monitoring process for Approved Private providers of special education, as well as a list of Approved Private Providers of Special Education in New Hampshire.
Monitoring Review for Approval of Private Provider Special Education Programs
The Special Education Monitoring Review for Approval of Private Provider Special Education Programs process ensures that students with educational disabilities have access to; can participate in; and can demonstrate progress within the general education curriculum, thereby improving student learning. The primary focus of the monitoring review is to improve educational results and functional outcomes for all children with disabilities.
Conducted by the New Hampshire Department of Education (NHED), Bureau of Special Education Support (Bureau), cyclical monitoring occurs during the last year of a Private Provider Special Education Program’s approval and consists of a review of required application materials and an on-site component with program visit(s) and random sampling. Random sampling includes verification of the special education process components that are the responsibility of a Private Provider Special Education Program, to include comprehensive reports and implementation of services. The Bureau also conducts a follow-up review to verify the implementation of corrective actions as defined in the summary report.
- Approved Private Special Education Programs
- Expired Private Special Education Programs
- Approved Private and Other Non-district Special Education Program Reports
- FY'16 Memo #11: Private Provider Insurance
- Private Provider Special Education Procedures Plan, Revised June 2020
- The Bureau of Student Support has developed a resource document as a template for private providers to use in the development of their special education procedures. This document is designed to allow private providers to personalize it for their specific program(s). All bracketed and italicized sections must be personalized to the private provider.
- Private Provider Special Education Procedures Plan, PDF Format, Revised June 2020
- FY'09 Memo #21 Guidance to LEAs
2022-2023 Monitoring Review for Approval of Private Providers of Special Education Programs
- Changes to the Program Approval Process for Private Providers of Special Education Programs
- Application for Approval of Private Provider Special Education Programs
- Appendix A: K-12 Curriculum Standards Self-Assessment
- Private Provider Special Education Procedures Self-Assessment
- Private Provider Required Staff and Personnel Roster
- Private Provider IEP Monitoring Review Self-Assessment Data Collection
- Private Provider Sample Timeline
Monitoring Review of Private Provider Special Education Programs
Education Consultant, Private Providers of Special Education
For questions regarding closed private provider programs please contact Heidi Clyborne.