NH Health Education Profile
The School Health Profiles assists state and local education and health agencies in monitoring and assessing characteristics of school health education; physical education and physical activity; practices related to bullying and sexual harassment; school health policies related to tobacco-use prevention and nutrition; school-based health services; family engagement and community involvement; and school health coordination. Data from Profiles can be used to improve school health programs.
Two questionnaires are used to collect data – one for school principals and one for lead health education teachers. The two questionnaires were administered online to 215 regular public schools containing any of grades 6 through 12 in New Hampshire during spring 2018. One or both questionnaires were received from 85% of eligible sampled schools. Usable questionnaires were received from principals in 82% of schools and from lead health education teachers in 77% of schools. Because the response rates for these surveys were greater than or equal to 70%, the results are weighted and are representative of all regular public schools in New Hampshire having at least one of grades 6 through 12. Results from the principal and lead health education teacher surveys are presented for the following types of schools in New Hampshire:
- High schools with a low grade of 9 or higher and a high grade of 10 or higher;
- Middle schools with a high grade of 9 or lower;
- Junior/senior high schools with a low grade of 8 or lower and a high grade of 10 or higher; and
- All schools.
The Profiles questionnaires were developed by the Division of Adolescent and School Health, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in collaboration with representatives of state, local, and territorial departments of health and education.
- 2018 NH School Health Profile Principals' Results - Table Format
Results of the principals' survey presented in table format.
- 2018 NH School Health Profile Principals' Results - Graph Format
Results of the principals' survey presented in graph format.
- 2018 NH School Health Profile Health Teachers' Results - Table Format
Results of the health teachers' survey presented in table format.
- 2018 NH School Health Profile Health Teachers' Results - Graph Format
Results of the health teachers' survey presented in graph format.
- 2018 NH School Health Profile Trends Analysis Report
Trend Analysis Report describes whether school health policies and practices measured by School Health Profiles have increased, decreased, or stayed the same over time. The report contains two parts: one for the Principal Survey and one for the Lead Health Education Teacher Survey.
- CDC Health Youth Data and Statistics School Health Profile
This Centers for Disease Control website has national School Health Profile Results, fact sheets on various health topics, and background information and an overview of the School Health Profile.