Office of Social and Emotional Wellness
Social and emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions. (CASEL)
The key to a successful Student Wellness program is continual learning and training. Below please find a calendar of upcoming trainings, events, and professional development opportunities that are either directly sponsored by the Bureau of Student Wellness or are hosted by another organization that is connected with our work in some way.
Modeled after the Choose Love Enrichment Program, Champions Choose Love focuses on the Social Emotional Learning Skills a team leader can utilize to develop self-awareness, strengthen relationships with coaches, teammates and competitors, and develop responsible decision-making skills.
This the Department's Annual Report of Substantiated Bullying and Cyberbullying in the schools. The report includes the number and type of incidents broken down by Elementary, Middle School and High School.
Connect with Us
SEL Resource Library
- Presentation : SEL 101 Supporting Social and Emotional Development in Schools
- Presentation : Selecting Social and Emotional Learning Programs
- What does SEL Look Like in Schools?
- Template : Mapping current SEL Strategies
- Assessing Social-Emotional Development in Children
- ESSA Broadens the Definition of School Success
- Federal Legislation Promotes SEL
- CASEL: Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning
- CASEL: Resources for the Systemic Implementation of SEL by Districts
- Integrating Social and Emotional Development and College and Career Readiness Standards
- Five Key Strategies for Incorporating SEL into Planning for ESSA
- This Time, With Feeling: Integrating Social and Emotional Development and College- and Career-Readiness Standards
Office of Social & Emotional Wellness