State Board of Education Members
Biographies and Contact Information for the State Board of Education.
Meet the State Board
The Board is responsible for:
- Reviewing all programs and activities of the Department of Education and making recommendations to the Commissioner regarding these.
- Advising the Commissioner regarding Department goals, information gathering, and any other aspect of elementary and secondary education within the state.
- Hearing appeals and issuing decisions. The Board's decisions are considered the final decisions of the Department of Education for the purpose of RSA 541 of any dispute between individuals and schools systems or the Department of Education, except those disputes governed by the provisions of RSA 21-N:4, III.
- Appointing members of the professional standards board and other advisory bodies as provided by law.
- Adopt rules as provided in RSA 21-N:9.
Helen Honorow (term expires 1/31/20)
46 Raymond Street
Nashua, NH 03064
Home: (603) 598-8433
Office Barry and Honorow, PLLC
161 Kinsley Street
Nashua, NH 03060
Office: (603) 883-0474
Fax (603) 886-8625