Federal Charter School Program Grant
NEW COMPETITION IS OPEN!
Applications are due March 6, 2023
The federal Charter School Program grants are available to both developing and existing high-quality charter schools in the state of New Hampshire. These grant funds support the initial planning and implementation of a new charter school or an expanding or replicating existing charter school.
Eligibility to Apply for Federal Charter Start-up Funds
To be eligible to apply for these funds, applicants must meet the definition of a charter school as outlined in Section 5210(1) of the ESEA.
Additionally, schools seeking funds to expand or replicate must meet the definition of a high-quality charter as defined by ESEA 4310(8). Please refer to the application materials for more information on eligibility.
All applicants must attend a required eligibility and requirement training session (CSP Training Session 1) in order to apply. Dates for training sessions are noted within the application documents and in the key date section below. To register, click the link provided with each session.
- Application Release Date: January 9, 2023
- Deadline for Intent to Submit: February 10, 2023 by 12:00 p.m.
- Question Period Closed: February 21, 2023 by 4:00 p.m.
- Final Responses to Questions: February 24, 203 by 4:00 p.m.
- Submissions Due: March 6, 2023 by 4:00 p.m.
NHED is holding a number of formal training sessions to support applicants as they prepare the required materials for submission. The first session, which focuses on eligibility and requirements, is required for all applicants. Applicants may register for these sessions using the links found within the RFA document under Section 3, Training and Technical Assistance. The sessions are outlined below.
CSP Grant Training Part 1 (required session)
This session focuses on the requirements for eligibility for funding for all grant types and highlights components of post award requirements.
- January 19, 2023: 10 - 11 am
- February 2, 2023: 3:30 - 4:30 pm
CSP Grant Training Part 2 (recommended session)
This session focuses on preparing a quality application and reviews requirements for submittal.
- January 26, 2023: 9:00 - 10:00 am
- February 9, 2023: 3:30 - 4:30 pm
Q&A Forum (recommended session)
This is an open forum session where applicants can ask questions as they are working through the application process. All answers to questions received will be summarized and posted on the NHEd website. Final answers will be posted no later than August 5, 2022.
- February 3, 2023: 1:00 – 2:00 pm
- February 21, 2023: 12:00pm – 1:00 pm
Below are links to the program’s Request for Applications (RFA), the application form, and additional documents that may be required for submission. Please review the appropriate RFA carefully and fully in order to complete a compliant application.
- Request for Applications: Sub-grants for New Schools, Expansions and Replications
- CSP Sub-Grant Application Form
- CSP Application Budget Template
- Intent to Submit Form
Resources & Guidance
• NHED’s CSP Grant FAQs (check back frequently as this is updated)
• NHED’s CSP Grant Allowable Cost Guide
• Visit the Charter Schools Program State Educational Agencies (SEA) Grant site to review guidance and regulations noted below.
o Title V, Part B of the ESEA: Nonregulatory Guidance for Charter Schools Program - January 2014
o U.S. Department of Education Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.
o The Uniform Guidance (Code of Federal Regulations, Title 2, Subtitle A, Chapter II, Part 200) simplifies government requirements for receiving and managing federal grant awards.
Previous Competition Results
Plan for Future Competitions
Future grant competitions are planned! The competition schedule is subject to change and will ultimately depend upon availability of funds and the level of demand. Please check back frequently for updates to these schedules.
- January 2023: Open to expansions and replication applicants
- November 2023: Open to expansions and replication applicants
Charter School Program Grant Administrator